Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Steamed Bum: The One Year Anniversary of Visiting China

Oh the children.
 This time a year ago I was in Beijing with Chamber Singers and was loving my life. I never posted as much as I wanted to about it because there are an overwhelming number of things to say about the whole experience, a lot of which are in my personal journals already. 
I will say this though: I was reading back in my journals from that spring to after I came home from China and noticed a change in myself. Towards the end of that school year I was feeling so small. I made some of the most difficult sacrifices I've ever had to make and it left me wondering if I would ever be deserving of good things. I didn't feel fulfilled and I couldn't get out of myself. 
Everything I experienced in China was what I needed to have a change of heart.
Even my family noticed a change in me. This new heart set the tone for the rest of my summer and it was one of the best I've had. I'm grateful for that opportunity I had to be there. It was a blessing really.


Changing gears now to reminisce about one of the absolute best memories of China times. The food. Now, unlike my siblings, I am not a picky eater. I'll pretty easily try anything at least once. I knew I wasn't going to have a problem with the food in China. Our hotel had buffet style meals for us every day complete with the english translation of what food we were eating. Here are just a few of such delicacies. 
Enjoy.
Acid Article Mutton - Tantalizing 
Onions Blasting Mutton - Divine
Chopped Garlic Rape(?!?!) - Scrumptious
Steamed Bum in Triangular Shape Stuffed with Sugar - Delightful
I'm not sure what pocket dictionary or online translation help they used, but I'm sure happy they did. 
For my other post on my time in China, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment