Friday, May 24, 2013

According to Phil Robertson, I might be a Yuppie.

But I'd like to think I'm not 100% yuppie. Click here for a better idea of what that is (according to Phil of course.)
Boots mean business
I LOVE going home. "Home" here refers to good ol' Star Valley, Wyoming. Even though I never grew up or lived there, the cliche "home is where the heart is" definitely applies to this place. My dad's parents and siblings all lived in or near Star Valley, and still do! Growing up, my family would try to visit every other year, and despite the 2,100 mile distance. My grandparents board and rent out horses, so we would go on long rides through the mountains and enjoy the country.

 I've gone home a lot this Spring and I can't get enough of being with my grandparents and family there. They've been so supportive during my time at Utah State University. A big part of the reason I chose USU was because it was so close to them.

It's only been a week since I've been with them in Texas for the wedding, but I'm homesick so I'm going up for Memorial Weekend and can't wait.

Here are a couple of pictures of a recent weekend up in the SV:
We spent one morning branding cattle. This was a feisty one so I sat on the fence and watched the whole time.  (Yuppie status.)
The newest member of the farm.

I sure love my grandpa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment