Thursday, May 23, 2013

Rain.

And I always felt it before
That the world was filled with much more
Than the drowning soul I've learned to be
I just need the rain to remind me

I go silent when I have a lot on my mind and in my heart. The last few weeks have been one thing after the next: finals, performances, laying in my death-bed for 24 hours, graduation, senior recital, moving, work, wedding. But I've been with my family all the time and I have LOVED it. I haven't had this much family time since before I came to college so it was long overdue. Now I'm spoiled and all I want to do is spend all my time with them. I have lots of post coming with lots of pictures.

I got home Sunday night from from brother's wedding in Texas and I felt completely wasted. But it was raining and somehow that was exactly what I needed.
I can't really explain it, but I have always loved the rain. It rejuvenates me and cleanses my heart and soul. Weird, but true. Throw some thunder and lightening in there and I'm one happy girl.

I have a few weeks now to slow down and take in all the change from the last month or so before EFY starts (although, I wished that would start today). Thank you rain for coming in and washing away the things that needed to go and helping me prepare for the next step of this crazy journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment