Monday, October 15, 2012

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" and other weekend adventures.


(Actually, you'll probably shoot more than just your eye out with the gun we were using -  It definitely wasn't a Red Ryder BB gun.)

On Saturday I had an 8 AM meeting and then work until 3.
Which was fun.
But not really.

I went on a double date that was real fun though! Tim and I, and Jake and Audrey wet to a shooting range and shot with Tim's gun. The guys showed off (naturally), but Audrey and I were a bit rusty. We each took turns shooting clay pigeons. I felt like I was doing the walk of shame back to everyone if I didn't hit one. But I finally did! In fact, I hit 6. And I brought fruit-roll-ups to share as a snack for everyone. I'm so thoughtful.
Matching Shrek ears and North Face jackets.

Jake helping out "Goddess Divine" aka: Audrey
 
We shot for a while and then went home to get ready to go to Salt Lake City to see the Opera Il Trovatore at the Capitol Theatre.

I imagine that for most people, when they hear the word opera they think of this:
or this:
( I LOVE Phantom, but please understand - this is NOT opera)

Well, the performance I went to was not like either of these things. 

There were some really beautiful moments and I love the story of Il Trovatore, and it's a Verdi opera so it's really lovely music. I think being a vocal performance major has turned me into a bit of a snob because I'm a little critical when I go to these kinds of things. I expect a lot. The tenor and the soprano leads weren't too bad, but the baritone and the mezzo were kicking some butt. We enjoyed it overall and we went and got In-n-Out afterwards which was the greatest. 

Guns, Opera, In-n-Out, and great people: it's a pretty good life


Us after the opera. (Sorry it's blurry, but it's the only one we got!)


No comments:

Post a Comment