Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A real live update.

So here is a sparknotes version (and not Grout's short history of opera version-which is ANYTHING but...)

School:
    I love Utah State! Just finished my fourth year and on to my last year of classes and then student teaching. I could not be more excited. I did some cool things this year. Here are the highlights:

*Living in a house across the street from the Logan Temple. LOVE it.
* Four of the sweetest roommates. 
*A KILLER birthday party which included a stylin' $10 dress from the DI.
* Hosted Mr. USU- the theme was "Diamond in the Rough" I was Jasmine and Keenan was Jafar
* So many great Chamber Singers performances. We had a great year. I met Elder L. Tome Perry at the Capitol Building when we went to sing for the opening of the Senate.
*Audra McDonald came for a visit. She is lovely. 
* Aggie Basketball Games. Love my Aggies. 
* My Evening in Brazil Concert. Always a good time.
* LDV-final year. Great while it lasted and extremely anti-climatic at the end. Which was the biggest surprise of all. 

Family:
   I spent a lot of time with my cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents this year. Which I loved! I can't get enough of them. I had 3 cousins that all had babies within 3 months of each other which added a fun twist to things. And this year I decided to spend Christmas in Star Valley with all of them instead of going to one of my parents. BEST Christmas I have had in a long time. We made taffy, and caramels, and great food. On Christmas Eve we went to my uncles house to read the christmas story, sing some carols. eat great food, and exchange some gifts. Then christmas day we just spent some time together showing what Santa brought us.




Love:


No comments:

Post a Comment